CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Completion of Application Process
- Registered Parishioner
- Priority to Siblings Currently Enrolled
- Full Payment of Registration Fees
The following information details general information regarding dates, criteria for acceptance, and significant participation requirements once accepted.
Please read this, and all information provided, carefully. Further detailed information will be covered at New Parent Orientation once acceptance has been granted.
ADMISSION / ACCEPTANCE into the St. Didacus School community is based on a two-fold process:
- Successful completion of screening / interview (new students only, preschool through grade 8).
- Behavioral & academic patterns of the previous year (new students, a letter of recommendation, most recent report card & state test scores required).
- Willingness to comply with / conform to school standards & regulations.
- Ability to thrive & perform in a Catholic environment which fosters the gospel message, a sense of community, & devotion to service, school, parish, family & self.
- Sibling preference will be taken into consideration whenever possible.
- In order for your child / children to begin school in a timely manner on the first day, all required immunization, sacramental, and emergency information must be complete, accurate, and turned in to the school office by the stated due date prior to the first day of school. Under no circumstances will students with missing or incomplete required paper work be permitted in to the classroom on the first day of school.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not general policy to grant admission to students who have not completed new student registration procedures in the spring unless the student is transferring from another Catholic school.
The school, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, national origin, and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, medical condition, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation and some archdiocesan schools operate as single-sex schools.
While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student’s emotional, academic, and physical abilities and the resources available to the school in meeting the student’s needs.
- Registered in the parish and practicing their faith to the best of their ability. A major source of income for the parish school comes from the subsidy provided by the income from Sunday envelope use. While the use of Sunday envelopes provides a record of contributions, more importantly, it shows a record of Mass attendance. The amount of money placed in the Sunday envelope is not the issue, making certain that our school families support the philosophy and purpose of sending their children to catholic school is demonstrated in a powerful message to their children and our parish community, by attendance at Sunday Mass. Failure to attend Mass on a regular basis WILL result in a higher rate of tuition for failing to support the philosophy and financial well being of the parish school. Compliance and rate of tuition will be determined prior to final acceptance. All families assigned a higher rate of tuition, will be assigned that rate after consultation and determination by the pastor, principal and business office.
- Support of all sacramental programs (i.e. all required sacramental meetings, etc.).
- Agreement to make tuition payments on the 1st, no later than the 15th, of each month. Payments made after the 15th are subject to a $25.00 late fee. Credit card payments can be can be made monthly. Please contact the business office to set up payment procedures.
- Willingness to support the church, school, and its administration / faculty in their ministry of instilling Catholic values of religious, intellectual, psychological, sociological, physical and cultural goals as stated in the philosophy of St. Didacus School.
- Support of ALL School, Parent Organization (mandatory / or not), and Parish events and activities when called upon to the best of their ability / availability.
- Agreement to read & comply with the on-line parent / student handbook, and to return the signed compliance form when received, as requested.
PLEASE NOTE: In keeping with the policy of affordable Catholic education, families facing a legitimate financial hardship should request an appointment with the principal. Forms for financial aid from the Archdiocesan Department of Education are available in February of the preceding school year.
TUITION – Payments can be made in 10 or 11 installments beginning in August or September. Those families who wish to pay the whole year in advance will reactive a discount. (See Tuition Schedule)
SERVICE HOURS –Every school family is required to perform 30 hours of service for the school and 5 hours for the parish. Total requirement is 30 service hours. See tuition fee schedule for information on assessments for incomplete hours.
REQUIRED PARENT PARTICIPATION – The following activities are required and do not apply toward service hour credit:
- Participation & support (financially and / or attendance, as indicated) of major fund raisers (i.e. Candy Sale, Gift Wrap Sale, Parent Board Fundraiser, Jog-a-thon, Dinner Dance, etc., subject to change, not to exceed 4 major fund raisers each school year). Please note that families will be assessed in the event of non-participation the average amount brought in.
- Parent Meetings (General Parent Meetings / Parent Conferences).
- Back to School Night.
- Open House.
(The school administration reserves the right to refuse re-acceptance to families not in compliance with the above mentioned parent participation requirements.)
YARD DUTY / MANDATORY – Every family is responsible for one consecutive week of lunch time yard supervision. Upon acceptance, families will be required to sign up for 5 consecutive days; families not wishing to perform their yard duty must pay a $100.00 waiver fee in advance. Please refer to the tuition schedule for buy out deadline date.
NEW PARENT ORIENTATION – Those families newly accepted to St. Didacus School MUST attend the New Parent Orientation. (Date will be advised)