ADMISSION / ACCEPTANCE into the St. Didacus School community is based on a two-fold process:
- Successful completion of screening / interview (new students only, preschool through grade 8).
- Behavioral & academic patterns of the previous year (new students, a letter of recommendation, most recent report card & state test scores required).
- Willingness to comply with / conform to school standards & regulations.
- Ability to thrive & perform in a Catholic environment which fosters the gospel message, a sense of community, & devotion to service, school, parish, family & self.
- Sibling preference will be taken into consideration whenever possible.
- In order for your child / children to begin school in a timely manner on the first day, all required Immunization, Sacramental, and Emergency Information must be complete, accurate, and turned in to the school office by the stated due date prior to the first day of school. Under no circumstances will students with missing or incomplete required paper work be permitted in to the classroom on the first day of school.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not general policy to grant admission to students who have not completed New Student Registration procedures in the spring unless the student is transferring from another Catholic school.
- Registered in the parish and practicing their faith to the best of their ability. A major source of income for the parish school comes from the subsidy provided by the income from Sunday envelope use. While the use of Sunday envelopes provides a record of contributions, more importantly, it shows a record of Mass attendance. The amount of money placed in the Sunday envelope is not the issue, making certain that our school families support the philosophy and purpose of sending their children to catholic school is demonstrated in a powerful message to their children and our Parish Community, by attendance at Sunday Mass. Failure to attend Mass on a regular basis WILL result in a higher rate of tuition for failing to support the philosophy and financial well being of the parish school. Compliance and rate of tuition will be determined prior to final acceptance. All families assigned a higher rate of tuition, will be assigned that rate after consultation and determination by the Pastor, Principal and Business Office.
- Support of all sacramental programs (i.e. all required sacramental meetings, etc.).
- Agreement to make tuition payments on the 1st, no later than the 15th, of each month. Payments made after the 15th are subject to a $25.00 late fee.
- Willingness to support the church, school, and its administration / faculty in their ministry of instilling Catholic values of religious, intellectual, psychological, sociological, physical and cultural goals as stated in the philosophy of St. Didacus School.
- Support of ALL School, Parent Organization (mandatory / or not), and Parish events and activities when called upon to the best of their ability / availability.
- Agreement to read & comply with the parent / student handbook, and to return the signed compliance form when received, as requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Under no circumstances will registration fees be refunded after acceptance has been granted. Final acceptance in all instances is determined by the pastor. This elementary school admits students of any race, color, or racial or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, & activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, racial or ethnic origin, administration of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship & loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs. This elementary school does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of sex in admissions, educational programs & activities. In keeping with the policy of affordable Catholic education, families facing a legitimate financial hardship should request an appointment with the principal. Forms for financial aid from the Archdiocesan Department of Education are available in February of the preceding school year.