St. Didacus Elementary School is a parochial school located in the northeast section of the San Fernando Valley. The school is part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, under the leadership of Coadjutor Archbishop Jose H. Gomez. St. Didacus was established in 1958; four lay faculty members taught the students in grades one through three. The following year, three Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace joined the staff, and the student body expanded to grade six. In 1961, facilities were in place to accommodate grades one through eight, and an enrollment of 493.